Set in 17 acres of the unspoilt and peaceful Culm Valley,West Pitt Farm Fishery has four spring fed lakes stocked with a wide variety of quality fish offering excellent coarse fishing for all. For guests staying at West Pitt Farm, fishing at all four lakes is included in the cottage tariff.
Day Ticket fishing is available at three of our lakes at the Fishery is open every day of the year.
Whether you are a competitive or pleasure angler or just starting out, West Pitt offers quality fishing for everyone. Each lake is stocked with a varied but compatible mix of good sized specimens, including carp, tench, roach, rudd, bream, chub, perch and golden orfe.
Fishing at the Farmyard Pond is for our cottage guests' private use. Guests who have not fished before and keen to try we will be happy to arrange a lesson and for the loan of equipment.
COTTAGE GUESTS fish at all our lakes at no additional charge.
DAY TICKET fishing is £7 per person, for an evening ticket (after 5pm) £4 per person. Three lakes available for DAY TICKET Fishing: Kingfisher, Mallard and Willow. The Fishery is open from dawn until dusk. There is no night fishing.
West Pitt caters for disabled and able bodied anglers. Disabled anglers are requested to telephone in advance to arrange access by car to the lakeside.
A toilet facility is located in the anglers' car park.
- All nets to be dipped at the Fishery.
- All fish to be landed using a landing net.
- Keepnets are permitted on Mallard and Willow Lakes – no fish over 5lbs to be retained in keepnets. Stake nets out and empty at sensible intervals, at least every 5 hours.
- All nets to be soft mesh or similar fish friendly.
- Barbless hooks only, maximum size 10.
- No boilies or nut baits. Groundbait in moderation.
- Only free-running and other safe lead, feed and 'method' rigs are allowed. No fixed rigs.
- The use of spinning / artificial lure methods is not permitted.
- The use of braid is not permitted.
- Maximum of two rods.
- There may be restrictions on the use of keepnets at certain times of year.
Click a thumbnail below to see a larger picture.
West Pitt Farm Fishing Blog
- 27 Jan
YouTube with Matt
Watch Matt's YouTube of his day's fishing on Mallard Lake at West Pitt Farm with lots of tips on howRead full article
- 04 Jun
Birthday treat for son
Stuart and his son had a great day's fishing... "I just wanted to thank you for an absolutelyRead full article
- 31 Jul
Summer Holidays 2011
Jack Cavell, aged 7, was delighed with his catch at The Farmyard Pond while staying at West Pitt&nbsRead full article